[clarissa] 2nd season STTW

Husky cbminfo at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 2 17:52:52 UTC 2007

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=29364

quoted directly from the article

>sttw : Unfortunately, CBS Paramount has delivered up another season of edited shows, some severely so.
>sttw : If the total running time listed is correct (the DVD case states six hours, 15 minutes), and there are 26
>sttw : episodes, do the math for an average episode running time

I've known for awhile that the average 30 minute sitcom averages airing between 12 and 20 minutes of actual sitcom. The rest being commercials and station breaks.

My math says 6 hours 15 minutes = 375 minutes
26 episodes * 12 minutes               = 312 minutes or no editing at all
26 episodes * 15 minutes               = 390 or possibly a grand total of 15 minutes edited out of 26 episodes.

I tend to believe the only editing that took place was the removal of the commercials.
Maybe before making such statements, our critic should do some homework on just exactly how much of a sitcom is actually aired in a 30 minute time slot.
He says 'If the total running time listed is correct'. Sounds like he made his review based on what he could remember from the actual show.