[clarissa] Jason Zimbler in music video

Donald Lancon dcljr at obkb.com
Wed Aug 29 21:11:34 UTC 2007

Jason Zimbler (Ferguson in CEIA) appears in music video.

<http://www.redandblack.com/home/news/2007/08/23/OutAbout/New-youtube.Sensation.Xyz.Affair.To.Play.At.40.Watt.Friday-2934677.shtml>

 - dcljr

P.S. - The "Friday" they're talking about is (was) Aug 24th.

- - -

New 'YouTube Sensation' XYZ Affair to play at 40 Watt Friday

JULIE LEUNG

Issue date: 8/23/07 Section: Out & About
[...]
The music video for the song "All My Friends" [by indie-pop band the XYZ
Affair] features Nickelodeon stars from the bygone era of the early 90s,
including Marc Summers (the host of 'Double Dare'), Danny Cooksey (Bobby
from 'Salute Your Shorts'), Michael Maronna (Big Pete from 'Pete &
Pete') and Jason Zimbler (Ferguson from 'Clarissa Explains It All').
[...]
The idea for the video began as a whim from [lead singer Alex] Feder.

"I literally just came up with the general idea to have Nickelodeon
stars," he said. "We just asked friends who work in the entertainment
industry. We basically just explained that we are an independent band
and that we wanted to make a music video featuring the stars of the
shows we grew up with, and they said yes."

The band also got its start through Feder, who formed the group while
studying at NYU.
[...]
As for the slime? The music video incorporates the iconic ooze that
defined childhood entertainment of this generation. The band made their
homemade slime from cream of wheat, oatmeal, corn starch, water and
green food coloring.

"The day of the shoot, we asked Marc Summers what the official 'Double
Dare' recipe was, and he told us they used apple sauce, vanilla pudding,
water and food coloring," said Feder. "Oh well, ours worked fine."