[clarissa] first Google News Alert

Donald Lancon dcljr at obkb.com
Thu Apr 9 03:13:49 UTC 2009

Owen R. quoted and said:

> "Google Alert Cancelled
> Your Google Alert [ "Clarissa Explains it All" ] has been Cancelled.
> You will not receive Google Alert emails on this topic."
>
> It even still shows me logged in with my normal Google account in the
> header!

Well, at least it's not _my_ Google account! :-)

Yeah, I figured it would disable the alert with no further
authentication required.  Okay, well, I don't like the way I have this
set up right now, anyway, so I'm going to work on this a little bit more
before it goes "live".

Sorry....  Please Stand By for further announcements.

>> If anyone on the list can disable the alerts at any time, well, that
>> might be a problem....
>
> Not the easiest solution, but I guess (some)one could create some kind
> of script that can run on the server, to which alerts could be
> forwarded, which would strip the remove link from the message and
> forward it on to the list...

I can do "account level filtering" in cPanel, so I guess that's the way
to implement this.

 - dcljr