[clarissa] MJH on TV

Donald Lancon dcljr at obkb.com
Sun Jun 2 00:59:38 UTC 2013

Google Alerts sez:

- - -

Melissa Joan Hart's Acting Debut With Drew Barrymore In 1985's ...
Huffington Post
Melissa Joan Hart has been a TV mainstay for more than 20 years, from
"Clarissa Explains It All" to "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" to her current
ABC Family ...
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/melissa-joan-hart-drew-barrymore-adventures-of-con-sawyer-hucklemary-finn_n_3369165.html>

- - -

This is a video report called "TV Replay".  It talks about Melissa's
appearance yesterday (2013-05-31) on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
(formerly 'Live with Regis and Kelly', formerly 'Live with Regis and
Kathie Lee'), and includes a brief clip (shown during the talk show
appearance) of Melissa's (purported *) TV "acting debut", 'The
Adventures of Con Sawyer and Hucklemary Finn' (1985).

There's now quite a bit more info available online about this ABC
Weekend Special than when I first added it to my "MJHTV" pages:

   http://www.obkb.com/info/mjhpages/cons.html

To wit:

   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0321087/
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Weekend_Special#Season_9_.281985.29

Anyway, the 'Live with Kelly' appearance is unfortunately not available
online, since it's a syndicated show.

Apparently she was also on Bravo's 'Watch What Happens Live' on Tue,
2013-05-28:

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-9/khlo-kardashian-odom-melissa-joan-hart

  - dcljr

(*) According to her early-1996 resume, she was also a "series regular"
on 'The Lucie Arnaz Show', which supposedly debuted in April 1985, and
which was "short lived" according to Wikipedia.  So that might have
actually been before the 'Con Sawyer' thing -- no idea what her part on
the show was, though.  And her 'Saturday Night Live' appearances,
although almost certainly all non-speaking, happened in late 1984 and
early 1985.  So....