[clarissa] Google News Alerts on list?

Donald Lancon dcljr at obkb.com
Sun Mar 29 08:31:18 UTC 2009

Geoffrey L. wondered:

> I was wondering if you knew of any alerts, etc... from dvd news
> site(s) that could keep us aware if they are making any more?

In my experience, if any such site announces upcoming DVD releases, it
usually ends up in a Google News Alert item eventually.

BTW, Amazon.com used to have an RSS feature where you could create a
newsfeed based on any given search at the website.  I used it to create
a "live bookmark" in Firefox for MJH DVDs.  Unfortunately, it stopped
working at some point in the past and I haven't bothered to figure out
how to recreate such a thing.

> But I'm
> likely staying on list until dead

Glad to hear there's some of you out there....

(BTW, I figure you meant until _you're_ dead, but if you meant until the
_list_ is dead, we might almost be at that point! ;)

> P.S. Has anybody heard of CIEA making more seasons?

On DVD you mean?  Unfortunately, no (haven't heard).

If I were you, I'd consider lobbying Shout! Factory
<http://www.shoutfactory.com> to make a full, feature-packed release of
CEIA on DVD.

They did that with 'My So-Called Life', for example, after the original
DVD release (by BMG) was less than impressive.  Some people might also
know their work on the DVD release of 'Freaks & Geeks' -- probably the
best DVD release of any TV show ever. :-)

Actually, let me rephrase what I said above:

*We* should all lobby Shout! Factory to make a high-quality DVD release
of CEIA.

(Random selling point: they could make the release a 20th anniversary
edition: first episode of the show premiered Mar 23, 1991.)

 - dcljr